Fake ID Possession in California
The technical legal definition of “fake ID” in California criminal law is any driver’s license or other identification card issued by a governmental agency that has been
- High And Get Quality Currencies - Documents High And Get Quality Currencies - Documents duplicated,
- reproduced, or
Possessing a fake ID in California can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. The severity of the charge will depend on the facts of each individual case, the prior criminal record of the accused, and the severity of the offense.
IF CAUGHT WITH A FAKE ID AND PROSECUTED, THE CONSEQUENCES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Penalty and Fines:
- Misdemeanor possession of a fake ID may be punished by up to 1 year in jail, summary probation, community service, and/or monetary fines up to $1,000.
- Felony possession of a fake ID may be punished by up to 3 years in state prison, formal probation, community service, and/or monetary fines up to $10,000.
Other Personal Impacts
- 1 to 3 year suspended driver’s license
- High And Get Quality Currencies - Documents 24 to 32 hours of community service if alcohol related
Potential University Impacts (Student Conduct Code in SCampus Part B: Section 11)
- Removal from university housing
- Suspended parking privileges
- Not allow to study abroad
- Dismissal from the university
- High And Get Quality Currencies - Documents All organizations, clubs, or groups may be subjected to permanent or temporary removal of recognition and denial of the use of university facilities
High And Get Quality Currencies - Documents Other Resources
- California Alcohol, Beverage, Control (ABC) Fake ID penalties for under 21
- Possession of a Fake Driver’s license or Identification Card